REDEFINING FASHION FOR A BETTER WORLD
VEGAN ALTERNATIVE TO LEATHER
The top 10 sustainable facts of Desserto® organic cactus :
- Biodiversity amelioration in the region.
- Reverts Land Use Change (LUC).
- Enrichment of soil micro-flora and micro-fauna through native and typical organic cactus afforestation.
- Huge savings in water as no irrigation is applied.
- Environmental preservation as no chemicals are used like herbicides or pesticides.
- Cactus is left unharmed to enable repeated harvesting from the same plant.
- Energy savings by drying the feed-stock in a solarium.
- No cross-industry conflict as the byproduct is directed to the food industry in an increased value form which is more attractive, and stimulates the agricultural sector to plant more cactus.
- Full vision and traceability of the farm to ensure sustainable social practices.
- Technological enhancements at the fields.
*Credits: Desserto Website page.
The handles of some of our handbags are made of Tagua, also known as 'vegetable ivory ´for its color and hardness. Ir is the seed of the palm tree Phytelephas Aequatorialis present in the Amazon and in the subtropical forests of South America.
We use fabrics made from recycled cotton and PET bottles. We also use fabrics that are environmentally friendly made from textile waste as raw materials, preventing them from going to landfills or incineration, giving these materials a longer lifetime. These fabrics are less dependent on virgin resources and save water, energy, carbon emissions and toxic chemicals.
On the other hand we work with Hemp fabrics from Canna Corp. Hemp fiber is a strong and durable fiber from Cannabis.
Six facts of Hemp fabric:
- It is naturally resistant to mold and UV light.
- It holds it is shape throughout time.
- It is hypoallergenic and non-irritating.
- It keeps you cool in summer and warm in winter.
- It is fire resistant.
- It is considered to be one of the most eco-friendly crops out there (more on this in our future posts).
CRAFTSMANSHIP ADDED VALUE
The boxes that we use to pack our products are made with sugar cane. The dust bags are made with national 100% natural cotton.